10.13.2011

monsters

I have to say that I am feeling MUCH better! Yay! I worked Monday and Tuesday half-days (unexpectedly) and then a full day Wednesday. Yesterday afternoon couldn't come quickly enough. I showered, brushed my teeth, took my contacts out and  put my glasses on all by 6:30 last night. The temp here has been so nice so we've had our windows open. Tuesday was rainy and so Wednesday felt muggy all day. By 2:00 I was ready for a shower. Yesterday afternoon marked the beginning of my FALL BREAK! We don't have one single thing planned for next week. I will probably try to make some doctor appointments and then Brennan's birthday is next Friday. We also have family pictures booked. Hopefully no rain!

I hit a bit of a roadblock in my road to recovery but all is good now. I'm glad because I am going to be busy busy planning one little guy's birthday party this weekend. My to-do list is a mile long and that little surgery definitely set me back. I'm just so thankful for all the love, support and prayers from family and friends. Seriously couldn't have done it without them!

So of course after LOVING the DVR on my list yesterday, the blame thing didn't work last night and didn't recored our shows. That prompted me to call Comcast at 10:00 last night. I've called twice before about this problem and they are coming out Friday to replace the box. We didn't get a discount on our bill this time (we did last time) but we scored free HBO, Showtime, and Starz for three months. Better than nothing I guess!



Brennan is currently infatuated with Monsters, Inc. I try to DVR as many Disney movies or kid movies that I can (and while it cooperates!!!) and this happened to come on the Disney Channel for "Monstober". He loves it and wants to watch it all the time. We have watched it every morning for the last week! He likes to rotate it with Cars and "Woody". He still loves Mickey Mouse but he does love to watch his movies now.





Yesterday was my nephew's 11th birthday so I stopped by a local bakery and picked up some cupcakes. We have Coconut Cream, Kid's Vanilla, Chocolate Decadent, and S'mores here. I loved the S'mores one. But, man oh man, it was too much icing! I'm sure by the end of this weekend we're all going to be sweeted-out. His birthday party is Friday night and Brennan's is Saturday morning.



I meant to get a picture of the birthday boy but forgot. Hopefully, I'll snap a few for his party Friday. It's a Camping theme. It should be fun!

1 comment:

Mrs.Fisher said...

We are addicted to Disney movies here as well. We still watch Toy Story 3 almost every day! I hope we can switch to something else soon :)