9.17.2011

fall baby fall

I'm not sure who all reads this blog but I would like to pretend it's million and millions of people and I am world-known. Yeah, yeah. I am MOST LIKELY living in my own bloggy world on that one but one can wish, right? But if you do happen to stop by and read, leave me a little ole comment so I don't feel like I'm posting to myself! Ha! So last post I left off at purchasing THE BEST candles ever. EVER. The Friday that I bought them was the Friday of Labor Day weekend. I have decided to make that a new tradition.

{A little fall subway art I made...}

Get some fall-scented candles, make homemade cinnamon rolls (I'll post a recipe later), clean and decorate my house for the fall season. I really, really, realllllly didn't care if it was still 98 degrees outside. I was OVER summer and SO READY for fall! The 10-day forecast was looking mighty nice with 15 degrees cooler and some rain. We were pretty much in a drought the entire month of August.


Hurricane Lee was sending some much needed rain to our area and everybody was looking forward to it. However, most didn't expect all that rain to flood our area. That's exactly what happened. It rained non-stop on Labor Day and the next. So much so that is caused trees to fall and people to lose power. School was delayed then cancelled on Tuesday because of the flooding. Since the rain has come and gone and left the temperatures in the 60s and 70s. SO NICE!!! Cooler temps just makes everybody happier! We've had our windows open some and Brennan loves to sit at the windowsill and play. I love to see my sheers flying in the wind from the cool breeze. Makes me smile!



I finished up decorating the interior of my house today. I try not to over-do my decorations to where my house looks like a fall giftshop or, er, Hobby Lobby. So I've limited myself to not doing too much and definitely not buying anything new. I'm using what I have. The only items I've purchased have been some mini pumpkins. Love little baby pumpkins.


The outside of my house looks a bit neglected. My hard-working hubby finally was able to cut the grass and I got out there yesterday and pulled some weeds. I went this morning and got some mums. The Food Lion in my area had some pretty big, nice looking mums for $5.00! So I got some and I really, really, reallllllllly hope I don't let these die. I am AWFUL about watering plants.

 

I have mapped out our Fall/Christmas family "bucket list" a few days ago. We want to do lots of fun activities while the weather is so nice. I've also planned out some soups to make on our September and October dinner menus.


Happy fall y'all! We're heading out to celebrate a sweet baby girl's 1st birthday tonight at a playground. I am LOVING this beautiful weather!!!

No comments: