Do you like the new look? Saturday morning I worked a bit on updating the blog in an effort to inspire me to blog more. We'll see. I hit up this blog for tutorials and such. I changed the sidebar widths around a bit and got some of my wording a little off so if you scroll down it will show letters going the sides of the picture. Hard to fix without going back and fixing every single one!
I got really into decorating for Valentine's Day this year. I don't know why. Maybe it was the extra time I have been spending at home this year with Bren. We were snowed in for a few days back in January and I worked on some things then. Other times I spend working on stuff during nap time or after Bren's bedtime. I can't do much when he's awake because every time I am working at the kitchen counter (my craft central) he wants me to pick him up because he thinks I have something good to eat up there. Ha!
Lots of these decor ideas came from different blogs. I heart craft blogs
.
{ Felt Rose Ball- The most easy thing to make, EVER! }
What you need is: lots of felt circles (I used a coffee cup to help me measure), styrofoam ball, and pins. You just fold and pin. Very quick and easy!
{ Yarn Balls }
What you need: Obviously yarn and balls. And again, SO easy!
What you need: Obviously yarn and balls. And again, SO easy!
{ Valentine's Day Subway Art }
What you need: download a copy from here. Picture frame and one fake rose.
{ Front Door Ribbon Wreath }
Not really Valentine's Day-ish, but still cute nonetheless.
What you need: I used a straw wreath that was still in the packaging from Hobby Lobby because I like it's shape. You can use a styrofoam one but HL didn't have any when I went. Various ribbons- your back ribbon should be kind of wide. I actually had all of this ribbon at my house but it all came from Walmart. Letter- came from Hobby Lobby (it's a cardboard one). Scrapbook paper- came from Hobby Lobby. Obviously, I started with the scrapbook paper to guide me in my colors for the ribbon. I traced the letter on the paper, cut it out and used some scrapbook stickers on it. SO EASY!
{ Outside Porch Decor }
Pardon my HIDEOUS brick. Hate it but love my little house.
What you need: I got this giant snowflake years ago somewhere. Probably Hobby Lobby or Michael's. I just changed the ribbon out to match what was on my door.
{ Kissing Rosette Balls }
NOT so easy. Well, they were easy but very time consuming. I made the white one first and it is larger. It took FOREVER. But once I got the hang of it I did work quickly the balls pretty much double in size when you add the flowers. The pink one didn't take nearly as long. I grabbed the tutorial on how to make it here. And it was pretty inexpensive to make.
What you need: styrofoam ball, streamers, hot glue.
I could explain the directions to use but I have no pictures and I'm a visual person. Just check out the tutorial.
I seriously love Valentine's Day. This week Bren and I are going to a fun kid's party and I need to get started on Brad's Valentine's Day gift. I got that idea from a blog too. Maybe I'll share some pictures of it once it's finished. I also have my class party on Monday. The kids go CRAZY over Valentine's Day. Much more than Christmas. It's fun to see such excitement!










1 comment:
The blog looks good girl! You are right, those felt balls are so easy! I didn't do the balls, but the flowers. See you tomorrow at the Vday party!
Post a Comment