Oh my dear Brennan,
I know this is a bit repetitive but I cannot believe you are ONE! It makes me so deliriously happy and insanely sad all at the same time that you are one) healthy, two) happy and three) right on track of where you should be! You have hit every milestone you should have at the appropriate age. I cannot thank God enough for blessing me with the most emotionally-thrilling year of my life. You are beyond a blessing to me and your daddy as well as the rest of the family. You bring so much love, laughter and life to my day. I can't not imagine what my life was two years ago before you were conceived. You are everything I have dreamed of in a child and I praise our Father for you!
Ok, now that I have myself together from all the boo-hoo crying I just did, I will tell you about your birthday and where you are exactly at this moment in time.
We celebrated your birthday a few days early with a barnyard bash. You had a great time playing in the frontyard, eating cake and visiting with lots of family and friends. We opened your presents inside Nenny and Papaw's house after everyone had left because it was too dark and cold outside. You loved all the new toys you received. Many we still haven't opened but will get to soon as we rotate the "baby" toys out and the "big boy" toys in.
Your actual birthday occurred on the Thursday and it wasn't the best of days. Like I had mentioned before in other posts, your lips continued to turn blue. It was very alarming and disturbing to your dad and me to continue to see this on a daily basis. So we called your pedi and he recommended seeing a cardiologist. Well, the soonest appointment fell on your birthday. It was not a fun day AT ALL. Your dad, Nenny and I all went together. Thankfully, I had that much help because holding you down for all the tests (3 to be exact) was upsetting and physically demanding for you and me both. You cried most of the day and I teared up some too because this was NO WAY to spend your first birthday. However, God got us through that day and blessed you with a good report that there was nothing wrong with your heart except for a small heart murmur. The blue lips were still from the Vasomotor Instability which resulted from the second virus you got during that two week course.
After that long day of testing, we both crashed at home on the couch for a few hours. Lala and your mini-bff, Weston, came over to play for a while. We decided to take you guys to get some pizza for dinner. It was a long and exhausting day, but I'm glad for a little while that you had some fun.
Well, you are now walking on your own. Pretty much running, climbing and constantly getting into stuff. You are around 21 pounds and about 32 inches long. To my surprise the doctor said that you were a little underweight for your length.
You have a grand total of 13 TEETH. You are like a dinosaur with that many! Whenever I search your mouth for something I think you stuck in there, I fear for the life of my little finger and pray it comes out in one piece.
You are ALL ABOUT some cups, balls, blocks, and shoes. You by-far love cups the most. At any moment, we have at least 7 cups in our living room. If I am drinking out of a cup and you see that I have it, you scream and pitch a fit because you want the one that I have. Spoiled little stinker.
You eat a lot of table foods now. No more baby food for this big boy! However, you have got THE WORST sweet tooth I have ever seen. You want whatever I have and I have made the enormous mistake ever to give it to you. Oh well, I live to make you happy. :)
That's all for now sweet boy. Like I said before you are the most incredible blessing I have ever received from God. You make my life shine.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:
Your new blog look looks great!
Post a Comment