Bren is down for a nap and I have found myself a little "free" time. I am loving morning naps! I think we have pretty much gotten ourselves on a little schedule of some sort. Bren goes down at about 9:15-9:30 at night and sleeps until 7:00-8:30 in the morning. He wakes up in THE BEST mood and I love going in his bedroom to see him standing in his crib smiling and excited to be up! Yeah, I would like a few more minutes of shut-eye at 7:00 am on my last few weeks of summer but going in and seeing his smiling face makes me immediately forget that it's 7 am. :) After playing for a while, Bren eats breakfast and plays a little while longer before the nap comes along. Oh, how I LOVE morning nap time. Brennan seems to nap quite a while in the mornings. Anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours. He gets up and plays a little while longer or we run errands. I give Brennan lunch and he may go down for an afternoon nap now or a little later. I like afternoon naps, but I LOVE morning naps. I feel like I can get more done or absolutely nothing done. It's my time to do whatever I want.
So this morning I thought I would work on getting my computer organized a bit. I am borderline OCD when it comes to being organized. I love having everything right where I think they should be. I like my desktop completely cleared of stuff I don't use. Computer manufacturers think you need to have a shortcut to play games. I rarely ever play games on my computer, I make a file folder and stick the "unneeded" items in there and only make room for my stuff.
I'm also using this morning "free" time to do some cooking/baking. Since I go back to work in about a week and a half, (UGH!!! I want to throw up or cry just thinking about it!) anyway, I purchased 10 lbs of lean ground beef (I only get the 93/7 kind) the other day and I wanted to brown some up and store some in my freezer. That way when I get home from work or church I can pretty much skip that step.
I am gearing up for working my first women's retreat. I am excited yet anxious to be leaving my babe for so long. Luckily the clothes I planned on packing are clean because my dryer broke. My dad came over to check it out and it can be fixed for only 15 bucks. Good thing because purchasing a new dryer is not on my short list.
I LOVE how God has eased my axious mind about leaving Brennan. He will be left in the best hands and I am completely at peace. I have wanted to serve on this women's weekend since going through my weekend last July. I'm so excited to see how God meets all these wonderful candidates that are expected to go through this weekend!
Well, I'm off to bake some cupcakes. :o)

1 comment:
Feel free to send some cupcakes my way!
Post a Comment