6.08.2009

Hello Brennan Gage!

Well, I was tickled blue last Tuesday when we found out it was a boy! I was 99%sure it was a girl (even though the pessimistic part of me screamed boy). Almost everyone I talked to said girl. I mean I was convinced that it was going to be a girl. We are beyond thrilled that we are having a boy. We wouldn't care if there was a little puppy dog in there as long as it was healthy.

Finding out if the appleseed was a boy or girl was like a movie. First off, the ultrasound took forever! He was a flippin' and a floppin, and kickin' and a sucking his thumb. It. Was. Beyond. Precious. I was in ultrasound-seeing-my-healthy-baby-move- heaven. Seriously. It was so precious. It really did take forever because he was so, um, what we teachers like to refer to as "busy." He was everywhere and wouldn't sit still. Brennan is going to need some Ritalin before he is ever born! The ultrasound tech took all the pictures of his vital organs (when he would sit still long enough for her to do so). She said everything looked "beautiful." Oh, I love that lady! She was so sweet. Then we moved on to see if the appleseed was a boy of girl.


When she went to look "down there" he did everything possible to hide himself from us. He sat crisscross, he moved his hand down there, his foot was blocking it, the umbilical cord was in the way, he would cross his legs again. It was so suspenseful like the end of a movie or something! Ha! Finally, he showed us and there was no denying it!




After the ultrasound, we went and ate lunch at Taco Mamacita. It was OK. Then we went home for a few minutes and upload this post and called my parents. We then went out to Brad's mom's office. Ohmygoodnessgracious. What? You didn't hear her screaming with delight? Surely you did. I am sure little Brennan is deaf from the squeals of delight! She was running around there, showing pictures, and telling everyone that we're having a boy. It was hilarious! We knew we had to tell her in person. It was so priceless.

Afterwards, we ran over to Children's Fair to look at furniture and bedding. I looked for weeks for bedding for a boy and could never find anything I liked so Brad's aunt and I shopped and designed the bedding with some super cute fabric. She has already started working on it and hopefully she'll have it finished soon!

We found the deal of the century on the furniture! It is so nice and pretty. We had it delivered on Saturday and Brad and I put the crib together Saturday evening. Mom and I arranged the furniture just so. I want to do one wall differently and needed the furniture set up like we wanted it. This is so exciting! We are trying to get the nursery finished before then end of June because we have so many things to do in July! Then it's back to school. Oh, geez I might throw up after saying those words. But the sooner I go back to school means the sooner little Brennan Gage will make his appearance!

No comments: