Here's a picture of it:
Now, I normally do not like Gatlinburg. It is so commericalized with its $5 t-shirt shops and rinky-dink junk stores. Brad says Gatlinburg is a beachtown without a beach. Kind of true. But, I do like this:
A big, roomy, yet cozy wooden cabin with family. (I forgot to take a picture of the cabin in person so I went to the website and took a picture with my camera of the cabin online. Pretty smart I think.)
Friday afternoon, I left school a half-day. We followed his parents and great-aunt and great-uncle up. We ate late lunch/ early dinner here:
We went straight to the cabin and hung out while we waited on the rest of the family. Later, we cooked dinner in the cabin. Of course two hours after we arrived I fell down the stairs and busted my butt. My injuries were: hurt toe, hand, back and butt. There is a huge bruise on my right cheek. I am retarded to think I can walk down steps in my sock feet.
I was so mad at myself for messing the cake up. The part that fell off was delicious!
Here is a tour of the cabin:
Our bedroom- King size bed! However, I was still pushed to the edge while Brad layed as close to me as possible. Oh yes, and with no covers.
Saturday, Brad and I went exploring on our own. Part of the family stayed at the cabin, part went and spent 3 hours in Chico's (Katie and Sissy) and the other part went to Bass. Brad and I went to a bookstore and then we drove into G-burg to eat lunch here:
Then, we decided to actually drive through the park. The mountains were
gorgeous.
gorgeous.
Then, we stopped by to check out the horses at the Dixie Stampede.
Scared the crap out of me! I was telling Brad how I wanted to go horseback riding. I walked over to one of the stalls and this horse came straight to me. I took off running!
LOL! I horse had an itch so he scratched his butt.
GREAT food!

Friendly family card game where Katie, my MIL, called Jim, my FIL, doodoo brains. I laughed until I thought I was going to pee my pants! This game lasted until like 2 in the morning. I was long gone by then...
Baba (pronounced Bob-ba) and Uncle Jack. These are THE SWEETEST people you will ever meet. I love, love, love them! If you ever meet them, you will envy me because I am apart of their family and you are not. I love listening to Jack's voice. He sounds just like Bob Ross. So relaxing.
Saturday night we ate dinner at the Dixie Stampede. I had never done that before and it was so much fun. The food was to die for. During our meal, our waiter asked Brad and I what kind of shoes we were wearing. I said I had on dress shoes (sort of). The guy wanted to know if we wanted to participate in the show! Um, yeah right. I can't walk down a flight of stairs without falling, you think I'm going to run around in the sand/kitty litter-smelling dirt? I'm glad I didn't do it because it involves running and I do not run. At. All.
Sunday we went back to the Apple Barn and ate breakfast. I tell ya, the Appleberrys love the Apple Barn. It was really good.
So, to sum it up, I don't care for G-burg but, I do care for this wonderful group of people and I am so blessed to be a part their family. They took me in instantly when Brad and I started dating. I feel so loved!

4 comments:
Cake was adorable and I don't understand why Brad didn't get not an action shot of you falling or why we did not have pictures of Brad taking care of you after you fell. Where is love?
For real! He was out on the balcony when I fell. I gave him a hard time for not saving me from falling!
The cake was SO cute! Where did you get it?
Sorry about your butt! (LOL)
Cabin was adorable!
I'm not a fan of G-Burg either but I am a HUGE fan of the Applebarn!
I enjoyed your pictures! Beautiful views!
Very random comments. . . sorry!
XOXOX
Mandy
LOVE THE CAKE!!!!! That is so cute!
Post a Comment