11.28.2008

So the other day...

So the other day I am hanging out with Morgan and Dalyn and we decide to go to Wal-Mart so we can make some goodies. I check the mailbox and I get an envelope out that is from the courthouse. I panic a little bit because that past Friday was my court date for my speeding ticket. I had already paid the ticket and thought I was home-free. I totally thought this was a warrant for my arrest or something. Instead, I find a letter stating I had partially paid for my ticket. What?!? Yes, I had already paid for the speeding part of the ticket, but not the no-city-sticker part. Ugh. I totally forgot to mention when I called to see how much the ticket was that I also had a citation for not having a city sticker. So instead of buying a $5 city sticker months ago when I was supposed to, I have to pay 94 stinking dollars and a $5 city sticker. There goes my massage for Christmas. :(

I didn't realize that it would cost that much for not having a city sticker. I went straight to the courthouse to buy the stupid city sticker. As I'm driving downtown, I notice all these other cars that don't have one. I wanted to scream go buy one or you'll get a $94 citation! Well, anyway we get to the courthouse and my sister buys hers (she didn't have one either, yes, we are complete rebels I tell you). I realize I don't have my wallet. Let's just see how many citations I can get in one month. Speeding. Check. No city sticker. Check. Driving without a license. almost check.

I mumble to my sister, " Buy my sticker and I'll pay you back." I slapped that baby on my tag and drove like an old granny the whole way home.

No comments: