If I am reading a book that is good, I will waste HOURS reading it and do nothing. I love to read and I told myself to only read whenever I am on break from school. However, lately (since Labor Day) I have been reading non-stop. I would tell you how many books I have read since Labor Day, but my sister told me not to share that because it made me sound like a complete and utter dork.
I have to tell you that reading has been somewhat of a therapy for me. I have been really stressed over some things lately and just turned my mind to reading. It has helped on more ways than one. I'll read anything: books, bible studies, blogs. I like reading other people's blogs (Yes, I am a blogstalker, but to people I don't know. I do leave comments sometimes.) because I can sometimes relate to what those people are feeling about things. It helps me gain a new perspective on life and re-focus on what is important.
I am reading this one girl's blog and she is HILARIOUS! I can relate to her on so many levels. Whenever I read a new blog, I read the most recent, new posts and if I like it I start at the very beginning and read through the entire thing. I try to only read blogs when I feel like the person is a true Christian. Her insights and her walk with the Lord is amazing.
So get out there and read some blogs!
Right now I am reading this:

I love reading books that I know are being made into a movie. Billie agreed to read this with me and then we're going to see the movie. (Starring: Queen L, Jennifer Hudson ( I was so sad to hear about her family's tragedy, my heart and prayers go out to them), Dakota Fanning, and Alicia Keys, I think.)
After this book I am going to read this:
Who can resist a story about a cute, cuddly little puppy that tears EVERYTHING up? I can't wait to read this book and then see the movie (Starring: Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson :).I am sure I will be able to relate to that book on more than one level.
You remember my dog, Cooper. The one that played in the mud all afternoon, got disgustingly dirty and then ATTACKED me when I went out to feed her. Needless to say, I had to go in and shower after that.
She's my little Marley, but better!

1 comment:
Go ahead and be proud of being a totally LITERATE person. Make the right choice regardless of those who criticize! :) The Secret Life of Bees is SO good. Just saw the movie last night and it was good also but not as good as the book. I love to read too! So read on sister.... Praying for you in the morning.
Post a Comment