11.09.2008

Got up for breakfast and ran to ATL

This week has been busy, busy, busy. I felt like it was never going to end. I stayed late at school almost every night trying to get things ready for this upcoming week. I am so worried about leaving my class. Not because they are bad, because they are really good. I just worry about them. I know they are in good hands though.

Friday night I ate dinner with my mom, dad, Morgan and Dalyn at Mr. T's. It was fun hanging out with my family. My dad is so much fun and my sister cracks me up. My sister and I love to make fun of my dad. People outside of our family think we are mean to him, but he so deserves it after everything my sister and me have had to live through. Let me give you an example. Once when I was a kid I was having a sleepover for my birthday. My dad comes down stairs in old, gross black shorts (I think every dad has a pair of these that he wears around the house), no shirt, black socks and Penny Loafers. He plops down in the red recliner and asks, "Well, when's everybody getting here? I'm ready for cake and ice cream!" Now, my dad is not on the skinny side at all. Not even a little bit. Talk about mortified. So my dad deserves a little "making fun of" sometimes. Besides, that is only a small little insight of the embarassing things my dad has done. I could do a whole post on just my dad and his stories. I don't know if I'll ever do that because many of those memories I'm still trying to forget or pretend they didn't happen!

Saturday morning, Brad and I call his parents to see if they want to go eat breakfast. Instead of going to breakfast we "run" to Atlanta. Ok, who "runs" to Atlanta? We do! (corny, I know.) We drove down to Atlanta to the Soma store. I. love. this. store. My wonderful mother-in-law got me way more than what I needed. It was hilarious shopping with her because she's crazy funny. And let me tell you, she is a serious shopper. I was exhausted by the time we got finished with that store and she hadn't even broke a sweat. She bought me some pjs, bras and some super cute houseshoes for this week. We ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious. We got some cheesecake too. Who can go to The Cheesecake Factory and not get cheesecake? I got Oreo, Brad got Vanilla Bean, and his parents got Tiramisu. It was heaven on earth and I don't even like cheesecake that much! I really didn't feel like going, but I'm glad we got to spend time with his parents. We are all so busy that it's hard to find time.



Brown and pink polka dot pjs. I love them because they are super soft. Holding Fat Al.



My cute houseshoes my MIL, Katie, bought me. You like my bling-bling?

Sunday was church, lunch (where this guy I graduated from high school with was our waiter, small world), and running errands before tomorrow. I'm worn out and I haven't even had surgery yet! I get up this morning and Godzilla has set up camp on the tip of my nose. So I spent an hour trying to cover it up with concealer and make-up. I am mortified because I can't wear any make-up tomorrow and I have this mega-zit on my nose. I feel like Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell when she had one on her nose when she was running for Homecoming Queen. She wore a red clown's nose. I have one of those somewhere around my house so I'm going to have to look for it. :) (Brad has nicknamed Godzilla "Charlie" for some reason. I know we are weird. Humor is a big part of our marriage. :0) I know if you click on my picture and make it bigger, you'll be trying to look at Godzilla/Charlie. Don't do it!

I know some people had tried to show me some lovin' and they couldn't. The temperamental blogger was messed up. I think I fixed it. So you are free to show as much lovin' as you want!
Tomorrow is the big day. We have to be at the hospital at 6:30. I am terribly mean if I don't eat breakfast so let's hope everything goes quickly and smoothly (no puking). Pray for me!

2 comments:

Mommie Hines said...

You will be in my prayers tomorrow! I love you, Cute pjs!

Anonymous said...

I love the pjs! I am praying for you!