Well, it's Thursday. Four days since my surgery. Now that I am feeling a little bit better I thought I would get on here and update. I mentioned in an earlier post everything the doc found. Crazy how I totally thought it was endo and instead it was three random issues that weren't even related. I'm still REALLY sore. I am hurting a lot on my left side and back where they removed my mega-cyst. When I went to the doc to have an ultrasound two weeks before my surgery (Oct. 24th to be exact) my cyst was only 2 cm. When he went in Monday it had grown from 2 cm to 6 cm. That's crazy! The doc said that the cyst would continue to grow and eventually rupture. He put me on three different meds. A pain pill, an anti-inflammatory (for my bladder), and another medication for my bladder. To be able to take all of these meds, I have to take more meds to treat the over-bearing symptoms from the pain pill and anti-inflammatory. I have had EXTREME heartburn from the anti-inflammatory. The pain pill has caused some constipation. So I'm on 5 medications now! Not only am I on 5 medications, but there are stipulations on when I can take these. I can only take the anti-inflammatory once I've eaten. I can only take the other bladder meds on an empty stomach for it to work. All three meds are to be taken within different time spans. One is every 4 hours, one is every 6 hours and one is every 8 hours. I'm going to have to write in a journal to keep up with all this.
On Tuesday Brad and I had kind of a scare with one of my incisions. We removed the band-aids so I could get in the shower and clean the incisions. When I removed one of them it looked like I tore my incision. We just stopped and put a band-aid back over it. When the doc called later that afternoon, we told him about it and he wanted me to come in immediately. We scheduled an appointment for first thing in the morning. Brad had to go back to work so Mom took me. Doc said that everything looked fine and my actual incision (which is actually underneath the skin) wasn't torn. My skin on top had separated a little bit, but he said it would be fine. Thank the Lord. I was really nervous that he was going to have to fix it and that means more pain! :(
I also mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't puke! Yay! The reason for that is I told the anesthesiologist that I absolutely did not want to vomit. He gave me three different meds to help with the nausea. One was a patch I put behind me ear and the other two were via IV. It was wonderful. I didn't feel nauseated at all.
I am soooooo blessed to have such a wonderful support team. My hubby, mom, dad, and in-laws were all at the hospital during my surgery. My mom came home with me and stayed on Monday while Brad ran and got my prescriptions filled. Tuesday I had family to come visit and my mom made dinner. Wednesday my mom stayed with me all day and she cleaned my house and did my laundry. SHE DID MY LAUNDRY! (tear, tear). What a wonderful mother I have! We had food delivered from the church and Barbie made some stew. Thanks Barbie! My in-laws came and stayed a while with me too.
Well, this pain pill is kicking in because I can't see the keypad anymore. Goodbye!

1 comment:
I'm so glad you're feeling better and I'm glad you didn't puke!!! I'm still praying for you friend!
Post a Comment