12.14.2010

snow day, yes please!

Yesterday we had a snow day and it was just awesome to have the day off from school. Now, being part-time I don't mind having to actually go to work now, but with the busy end of the week I had last week and the busy weekend and the fact that I am still carrying this annoying little allergy around in my nose for the past TWO WEEKS, I was relieved to get a day off. We started the day off with some pancakes because having a snow day calls for a little celebration around these parts. Then, our friend Weston and his mommy came to play in the snow!



















It was HILARIOUS watching two little babes playing in the snow. They fell every three steps and still persevered. They got up and still had a grand time!






Perseverance!

After the cold, cold, COLD playtime in the snow we headed in to dry off and warm up. Then we loaded up and went and got some soup from PB. If you've ever read my blog, you know that I am a complete Panera Bread Creamy Tomato Soup junkie. I always get the UPick2 consisting of the creamy tomato soup (with extra croutons (oh I die!)) and the BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad (oh I die x 2!!!). Heaven.

Next up was nap time. I laid down too because of the busy weekend we had and my sinuses have bothered me a little. After nap time we headed to the grocery store to get some necessities for today. AND, we made these little guys in honor of our snow day.


Not too bad considering it's the first time I've made something like this. Compliments of The Idea Room, a little craft blogged that I've followed for a while and LOVE! I think they are super cute and my goal is to get about  25 made by Thursday because that's the day of my class Christmas party and Lord knows I don't need these. My work week is pretty nice this week. Off yesterday, on today, off tomorrow, on Thursday for our class Christmas party and staff lunch, and off Friday. Then I'm off for two weeks straight. That might be good considering I've NOT BOUGHT A SINGLE GIFT. I normally never procrastinate but this year I have. I need to find a sitter so I can go shopping and pick up a few gifts. Probably need to do that this week! Ha! Nothing like the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super adorable cookies Meghan. Might steal this idea or do something similair for C's class Christmas party Thursday!