I know I sound like a broken record and I really try not to complain these days but I have been so busy and tired this week. It's been ROUGH. And what do I have to look forward to, more busyness. My schedule is jam-packed for the next like 4 weeks. Day in and day out I have something marked on almost every day of my calendar. However, busyness can be a good thing. For one thing I do have tons of packed boxes in my classroom! That is a plus but I looked around and realized I'm going to need about 100 more boxes to pack up this beast of a room. Anyone want to come and pack???
We have been hitting the home to-do list pretty hard this past month. I've worked in the flower beds (pulled weeds, spread 15 bags of mulch (by myself, tough girl right here!), cleaned out the shed, and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned my house. And last week Brad hauled off two truckloads worth of junk to the Refuse Center and the Teen Challenge Box. I still can't park my car in the garage just yet because our camping stuff is in there and I want to go through it and write down what we need. It seems that our weekends revolve around cleaning, organizing, cleaning, organizing. Once I get done with school (T-minus 4 days!!!) we will slow down a bit. May is just crazy busy right now!
Saturday was probably the most tiring day yet. I had the 5k Run/Walk at a local park. All the proceeds was going to our PE program at school so a lot of the staff came out. I took Brennan with me so Brad could have a morning to do whatever he wanted. It's rare that either of us gets to do that with a baby around. Oh y'all. Now, I like to walk. I can normally walk two miles in about 30 minutes on a treadmill. BUT walking a little over 3 miles in the hot sun while pushing a baby in a stroller on GRAVEL with a skirt on (definite chafing was going on!!!) is NOT easy. Let me repeat NOT EASY!!! Now of course I get there right when everyone is starting so I and a couple of other staffers start late. We never catch up with any of the other participants. We are last and we may have cheated a bit (cutting through some soccer fields and woods). But we did do it even though a police car stayed right behind us the whole time. Just in case any of us fell out. :) We finally finished at right at an hour. Pretty good considering the circumstances! The whole crowd of runners/walkers may have been waiting on us and clapped when they finally saw us in the far distance. :)
After the 5K, a group of us when to Chili's and then to the school to pack. I had to drag my poor baby with me for the whole day. He did sooooo good though. He napped at lunch and then napped again at school in his stroller. Brad met us at school and helped haul off 3 truckloads of stuff that the system won't store for me for the summer to his parents' house. I packed many more boxes and called it quits after four long hours. I was about to collapse and it's safe to say that all three of us were piled in our bed by 8 pm. Did I mention I went grocery shopping after all that?!? It was a lonnnnng day!
This is the last full week of my school being open. I have students for two more days and then we pack Thursday and Friday. We have to be completely out of the building Friday afternoon. It is soooooo bittersweet right now. This was the school I first taught in and it's going to be torn down in a few weeks. It's sad!!!
One week left and then we're done for the summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment