It's been a week since I posted and even then it wasn't much. We've been super busy on the home front and at work (or at least I have!). I am starting the end-of-year stuff as well as packing up my classroom (tear...). I didn't want to start this soon but someone is taking my class from an hour tomorrow so I can start going through stuff. I am a quick decision-maker (which can be good and bad :) so packing won't take me long. But since someone is taking my students for an hour I thought I could take advantage of the alone time and be productive.
My school had an Open House on Saturday and we stopped by for a little while. Everyone was invited to walk the halls one last time before the school is demolished. I have to tell ya, it was SAD! It was so sad to hear those people say, "This was my 1st grade classroom, Mrs. So-and-so." I know I would be really sad to see my elementary school torn down. It's just so bittersweet. But for someone no longer in elementary school it's sad to see something that was such apart of their lives... just gone.
Well, the spring/summer cleaning mode has kicked in. I am ITCHING to deep clean my house. I am having a Pampered Chef party on Thursday so Tuesday or Wednesday I will tackle some cleaning. I had Brad clean out our shed for our upcoming camping trip so I could sort through what we had and what works. Nothing like going camping and having your stuff not working. Oh and BTW, we decided against getting a camper at this time. It wasn't exactly what we wanted. We're going to wait and find a camper that fits our needs better. Anyways, my garage is plum full of our stuff and I am so ready to get our there and sort through it. This neat freak hates clutter and junk laying around in piles. Hopefully, this week I can take out there with me to sort through some of it.
Other than that not much going on. I've got 3 weeks left of school! I can't believe it!!! Only 2.5 weeks with students and then two days of packing up and moving out. Last day is on Friday, May 21st (which is also our 5 year anniversary!). So we're are wrapping up the year with field trips, field day, getting those grades for report cards, end-of-the-year testing to complete (3 different kinds. Ugh!). I hope I don't lose my mind!

No comments:
Post a Comment