4.08.2010

easter

We had a fantastic first Easter with our babe. I cannot tell you how beautiful and nice the day was. Brennan woke up earlllllyyy so I loaded him up in the car and we went and walked since I was already awake. I have been walking almost everyday since Friday at the walking track. Sunday morning I watched the sunrise and it was breathtaking. We (I walked and Brennan strolled in his Cadillac) two miles before we ran home, showered, changed and got packed up for the afternoon. We went to the early service and then came home and I finished icing my strawberry cake to take to my aunt's house. It was YUM! We fit in some pictures of our little before we left with his Easter basket.

The Easter Bunny brought some books, stuffed bunnies and some little balls!


What picture time is REALLY like with Mommy. No smiling. No laughing. No cooperation. Then Daddy comes along and Brennan lights up. He LOVES his daddy! I took Brennan Friday to get his picture made with the EB. I kind of messed up. He was asleep and I should have woke him up sooner because he wouldn't smile for the life of me. Here I am in front of the WHOLE cotton-pickin mall acting like a fool trying to get Brennan to smile and scared to death the EB was going to drop him. Needless to say, I should have lost a few pounds at how hard I was working to get him to smile!!!


We ran to my mom's house and did a family picture on the porch.


My cousin Brad holding Brennan.

My mawmaw and Brennan. Brennan loves Mawmaw. He thinks she's funny.


My dad, the child at heart. Brad was shocked I was taking his picture! This is a priceless photo and I will probably print it and hang it on my fridge. Ha!



Nenny playing with Mawmaw and Brennan.
My kid loves to be entertained.


One last family photo before I pull my mess-of-hair back in a ponytail and I strip Brennan out of his Easter clothes (which I got at Cracker Barrel for $12!) and into something much more comfortable.
We had a great Easter Sunday with a beautiful morning walk, a outstanding Easter service with incredible music and then a yummy lunch. It was a good day. A good day in deed. :)

No comments: