This, of course, is the "Giving Thanks" post. Like many, I have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed me beyond measure. He has blessed me way more than what I'll ever deserve. One blessing is sleeping next to me and the other is watching football in the other room. The sleeping blessing is one I didn't know I would be presented with this Thanksgiving. It was last Thanksgiving that I feared we wouldn't be able to have children. No medical reason really, just Satan gripping a hold of my life and instilling fear in my mind. I was so fearful that we wouldn't be able to conceive that I couldn't even bring myself to truly "try" to have children. I finally just placed it in God's hands and if it happened it happened. Well, wam-bam-thank-you-ma'am it happened two months later. So... this Thanksgiving what am I thankful for? Hmmmm... this should be easy!
For a loving, forgiving, omniscient God. For all the love He has given and shown me through my family, church and friends.
For my husband who is kind, patient, forgiving and loving.
For my son whose presence brings a smile to my face and who has instilled so much more love in my heart. I didn't know I could love something so small soooooo much. It's amazing.
For my family who is always there of me and us. They are incredibly supportive and so willing.
For my job. With times as hard as they are in the world right now, I am so thankful that I have a job that I absolutely love to do. Not to mention, THE BEST second graders around whom I miss terribly!
For incredibly faithful friends. Friends who will lift me up in prayer. Friends to laugh with over funny stories and jokes. Friends who are more like family than... friends.
For my church where I love to lift up and praise my God. I seriously love, love, LOVE my church family. They are awesome and ROCK!
So there you have it. My "Giving Thanks" post. Happy Thanksgiving and to God be the glory! Because without Him we would have nothing to be thankful for. :)
And to all you Black Friday shoppers... I will NOT be out there with you crazies! People who are on the bargain hunt scare me! Nope hopefully I'll be home decorating my Christmas tree. Have fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment