5.28.2009

Minor Glitch

I totally forgot to mention the minor "glitch" we had in our plans on Friday. Brad, my dad and Dalyn went up to Fairview on Thursday afternoon. Everyone else was set to leave Friday afternoon. They wanted to go up early and set up camp and fish. It was the last day of school with my students and I couldn't go.

About 11:30 Friday morning the secretary comes to my room to tell me to go call my mom. Not something you want to ever hear. I looked at my cell phone and realized I had two missed calls and two voicemails. I quickly went to the office and called Mom. She told me that my dad was taking Brad to the ER. He had severe back pain. I called my dad and he told me that they were on their way back to Chattanooga. Brad had been vomiting and still had some back pain. They were stopped at a restaurant while he was using the restroom.

Vomiting + Back pain = Kidney Stone

Brad had a kidney stone. His first and hopefully and prayerfully his last. I must say that I was completely jealous thankful that his kidney stone only lasted 1 1/2 hours. I, on the other hand, have birthed two of those bad boys and my second one lasted close to five days with surgery (I had to have a stint put in.) But no matter how small or long those kidney stones last that pain is straight from the devil himself. I do not wish that pain on my worst enemy. Not that I have any enemies but you get what I'm saying right?

Anyway, by the time they got Chattanooga Brad was feeling pretty good. I still made him get a scan because for all we know it could be lodged somewhere and starting moving again at midnight. He could also have had an infection starting which can sometimes happen after a kidney stone AND those are not fun either!

He got a good bill of health from the doctor and back to Fairview we went!

No comments: