4.16.2009

Self Diagnosis

Well, aside from being a teacher I am also an unlicensed doctor. I clean scraps and scratches and apply bandaids. I also determine if parents should be called for sick children. It's tough trying to hold down two highly important jobs, but somebody's got to do it.

This time I am not diagnosing children, but myself. I have had some SERIOUS back pain the last few weeks. The same back pain I had back in October before I had surgery. This is a little bit different than the back I had in October. This time it seems to be a little worse. When my doctor did surgery in November, he came out saying it was Interstitial Cystitis which I totally agreed with. He also found and removed a mega-cyst on one of my ovaries and repaired one of my round ligaments. With the treatment of my IC, I will say the back pain did get better. I was definitely able to tell the difference in the pain. However, it did not completely go away. It has still been lingering the last few months. The pain was normally confined to just my lower back area. But now, well now it is my lower back and butt and upper back thigh. Mainly on my left side, which I have chalked up to being my sciatic nerve. It hurts the worst when I transition from sitting to standing, laying to standing and vice versa. The absolute worst is when I lay flat on my back and have my knees up. This KILLS me. I can only lay on my side (which has now caused a slight crick in my neck of COURSE!). Wednesday night was pretty bad. I was in a lot of pain. I called the on-call doctor and discussed some options. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see what can be done. Please say a prayer. I want this pain to be GONE and I have a small feeling this is only the beginning since I am pregnant. It will probably get worse. :(

And if you know me... I do NOT like pain at all.

1 comment:

The Carter Family said...

Good luck . . . I still can only lay flat on my back when in bed, and only for short time periods. There is NO way i can lay flat on the floor!