4.22.2009

Easter: My hair looks like crap. It was still wet and I really didn't care! I am sooooooo tired these days. I slept three hours that afternoon. We did lunch with Brad's family this year.

Ok, we have run into a small problem. Splitting holidays. With the baby coming, I do not want to commit to going two-three different places in one day on holidays. Christmas is taken care of. Brad's family: Christmas Eve. My family: Christmas Day. Thanksgiving and Easter are giving us the problems. So, we have come up with a plan, sort-of. Since the baby will be here by Thanksgiving and I think whichever family we don't go to on Thanksgiving will be disappointed and hurt, we are going to go to both families on Thanksgiving (or stay home depending on baby). After Thanksgiving here is our schedule:

Easter: My fam
Thanksgiving: Brad's fam
Easter: Brad's fam
Thanksgiving: My fam:
Easter: My fam
Etc.

You get the gist? I thought this would be the fairest way. That way we're not spending all the Easters with one fam and all the Thanksgivings with the other. This is really tough because I don't want to "favor" one side over the other.

What does everyone else do? Did anyone else have these issues or feelings?

3 comments:

Mommie Hines said...

That was our plan to switch holidays.............OUR plan Not everyone elses! We go to my papa's early on thanksgiving and then head to Graham's mom's side. Then that Friday we have dinner with graham's dad's side. And Easter we go to papa's and right over to dottie's! It is exhausting but it's what we have to do to make everyone happy. Christmas works well, we go to my side, then right over to dottie's on xmas eve, then this year we decided to STAY AT HOME all day on christmas day. We told the grandparents if they wanted to see Addie they would have to come to our house. I remember being so mad when I was little having to leave all my toys and go places, so we are staying put on christmas day! Hope it works out for you guys!

Anonymous said...

My advice...don't decide it until the little one is here and you can see what it's like. It's hard to know how you'll be. I am all about family time and we work it out so that we can go see everyone on every holiday. It's pretty much worked out so far.

The Carter Family said...

We decided that if anyone wanted to see us then they would come to our house! It works for us!

Good luck!