
This past week we celebrated Read Across America at school alllllll week. Since it was Dr. Seuss's birthday on Monday or Sunday or something like that, we decided to celebrate his books this week. It really is a fun week for our students. Each day is named after a book and you do something fun that goes with that book. We have people from the community and around come in and read books to our classes every day. We've had news anchors, city officials, retired teachers, parents, former students, and etc. I asked Greg Steele to come read to my class since he used to go to ERE and he did awesome! Thanks Greg, my students loved it!
(I personally do not like Dr. Seuss books. As a teacher and as a person. I just think they are weird with all the crazy words that have no meanings. Sure, they are fun for the students, but they wear me out reading them.)
I couldn't help but notice that I sometimes feel like I am living in a Dr. Seuss book. Like one of those sneetches or a Who or some crazy character like that. I feel like I am riding a tricycle while trying to catch falling vases out of the sky. I am going up hills and down hills at an incredible speed. I encounter characters like the Grinch (when his heart was still three sizes too small) or students like Gerald McBoing Boing, or worse, the Cat in the Hat. I sometimes feel absolutely insane. Or on a tricycle heading that way...
Do you feel like you live in a Dr. Seuss book sometimes?

1 comment:
i agree! I do not like those books at all.....they are all weird! And alittle scary!
Post a Comment