2.07.2009

Boys

For most of the year, I have had 16 students. 6 girls and 10 boys. Every now and then I have gotten a student for a little while before he, yes HE, moves onto another school. Right now I have 17 students and that's with 11 boys.

My cute classroom is no more. The boys tear up my stuff, break things, push, shove, make messes, etc. I seriously think it's just boys being boys. Well, along with having boys in the classroom, there comes the odors. Not because they are unclean or anything like that. The other odors. Right after lunch I am usually forced to open my windows or turn the A/C on even if it's 20 degrees outside! I have to share this story...

The other day I am checking math journals and one of my male students comes up to me. He hands me his math journal and then I smell it.

Me: "So and So, did you do that?"
The student: "What?" (such a guy answer, I'll act totally innocent)
Me: "You know what."
TS: He looks down and shakes his head while I am trying not to vomit. "Yes, it was me. I can't help it, but my mom did give me Tylenol this morning for it."
Me: I'm pretty much laughing now. "Um, I don't think Tylenol is the remedy for that."

I totally think it's gross, but worth sharing!

I think God might be "preparing" me for something, like a house full of boys. That's fine. I'll just register for LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of candles, air fresheners and potpourri.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! This story made me laugh so hard. I feel your pain. I have 13 boys in my class and there is a consistent smell in my classroom. Even with Glade plug-ins and air freshener! You can't help but love those little boys though.

Anonymous said...

You might want to skip the candles, remember what Cole did to Barbie and Grant's bathroom.

Meghan said...

LOL! That's right. I'll stick to air fresheners.