1.02.2009

Watch out for Grandma!

I totally forgot to mention this the other day when I posted about our Disney trip. It was really crowded down in Disney. There were tons of people and families everywhere. Where there's tons of families there are sure to be tons of baby strollers. You almost could not walk without bumping into or barely jumping out the way of a stroller. They were EVERYWHERE. But, worse than the strollers were the scooters. There were so many elderly folks down there driving scooters. And not just elderly folks driving the scooters. There were people of all ages driving those things. It amazes me that people that totally looked like they did not need a scooter were driving them.



There was this one lady in particular at Hollywood Studios who was down-right dangerous on her scooter. She ran into metal posts and rammed her husband's scooter in the back more than once. Instead of driving and taking turns slowly, she would gun it and run right over people. She scared the living crap out of me.



The other night I was laying in bed reading a book. I finally passed out and fell asleep. At some point I woke up in a cold sweat, terrified. I had had a nightmare. I dreamt about that woman on the scooter chasing me around Disney World. Everywhere I went she was right behind me on my heels. And when I say, "on my heels," I mean ON MY HEELS, like running over me. I would turn around and see her speeding along at 7 mph and I could almost hear the Wicked Witch of the West's music playing as she shouted, "I'll get you my pretty!" Her hard-as-rock blue hair not blowing in the wind and her thick glasses staring me down.



My love for Hoverounds has turned to fear. :(

No comments: