I do not like discussing religion or politics. I HATE it. Now my hubby, he likes it. I can't stand all the disagreeing and arguing. He will talk about it until he's blue in the face and passed out. But, this is my blog and I can share whatever I want. So, I am going to be honest.

Barack Obama was not my pick for president. I do not think he was a good pick for my own personal reasons. I also think that people shouldn't vote because people are democratic or republican but more for the person running and what that person stands for. I know I am about 3 months late on this, but like I said it's my blog and I can say what I want. I don't want to go real deep into this because I don't really see the point now. So...
Basically, my point is this. Today we are swearing in our 44th president; a man that God placed as our country's leader. I don't understand God's plan in all of this, but who does? This is where faith comes in. Faith and a lot of prayer. All I can say is that I think I will be doing a lot of praying for the next couple of years.
I will say this. Barack Obama is going to be the leader of country and I will support him no matter what. If God chose him, then I have faith in God.
Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no wise guidance, the nation falls, but in the multitude of counselors there is victory.
A pretty awesome visual:
As I was driving to school the other morning, I was listening to one of the christian radio stations. One of the radio guys was talking about how Obama was not his pick. He said that even though race had absolutely nothing to do with his vote he still thought it was pretty awesome that Barack Obama's daughters would be able to sit and do their homework on the same exact desk that President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. Kind of neat.
Little Trivia:
As I was watching the weather channel and praying for snow, I heard this little trivia. President Reagan had the warmest and coldest record temps for the days of his inauguration (in January). His lowest was 7 degrees and his warmest was 55 degrees.
Gerald Ford had the hottest day because his was in August (89 degrees).
Have a great day!

1 comment:
We both know we don't agree on this issue, but I totally respect your opinion and it is really nice to see that even though he wasn't your pick you support him. Your right God did put him in this position and we don't know why but we do know there is a reason. I just wanted to let you know that I think it is very noble of you to support our President. I do have to say that your prayers for the President shouldn't increase or decrease with certain people.
Post a Comment