Brad and I went to Atlanta for the weekend. We wanted to go on a little getaway before I go back to work, just the two of us. Saturday we went to the Braves game (sadly they lost) and Sunday we went to Centennial Olympic Park where the Coca- Cola Museum and the Georgia Aquarium are located. We got to the hotel fairly early on Saturday and we thought about going to the Coca-Cola Museum and the GA Aquarium before the game. I mapquested the location from out hotel and it said it would only take 6 minutes. Perfect! Um, yeah right. We get on the freeway and the exit we are supposed to take was closed. We had to pass like 5 closed exits before we can get turned around. And on top of that, the traffic going in the opposite direction was way backed up. So we end up in Buckhead and I have to say that I did not mind getting lost in Buckhead. The houses in Buckhead are insanely huge. We are convinced that some of the Braves' players live there. So we get turned around and we sit in traffic, the same traffic we just got out of before we got to the hotel. We got back and went ahead and walked down to Turner Field. We stayed really close to the ballpark. Here's some pictures of our little trip:

Ted's Montana Grill- We ate lunch here in Kennesaw. Yummy place. I recommend the Bison Bacon Cheeseburger.

Check out this guy's car. His tag said BATRIDE.

Turner Field

At Turner Field

Hanging out till the game starts

View from seats 402-24-1 and 402-24-2. Really high up but, we could see everything!
Everyone cheered every time Chipper came up to bat. Probably because he is so good-looking.
Far Coasts before going to the Coca-Cola Museum.

Inside the lobby. These bottles were carved out of wood. Really neat.

I love the Coca-Cola Christmas paintings. Classic.
Brad tasting the different flavors of Coke. He's braver than I am.
The lobby area of the Georgia Aquarium. Very cool place...
Hello!
Penguins- I wanted to take some pictures of the penguins' neighbors the otters and sea lions, but they were swimming really fast.

Whale Shark

I seriously chased this fish and it's relatives around the tank trying to get a picture. It's a Humphead Wrasse. It's got an enormous forehead and lips. The Aquarium guy said that some people in some countries will buy this fish for $3,000 because of it's lips.

Turtle

Beluga Whale

Octopus

One last picture before we left- This was a neat part. People were just sitting around watching the fish. Some people were on the ground like they were at a park.

On our way home we ate here. We have eaten at Pappadeaux's several times. It is located right next door. We wanted to give Pappasito's a try this time. Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment