7.27.2008

Ok, I tried my best!

This has been a buussyyy weekend! I think weekends can go by way too fast and this was definitely one of them! Ok, it started Friday when I got to hang out with my little friends the Amors. Hey, Olivia, Andrew and Shannon! Shannon's hubby accidentally took both keys to their cars to work with him and Shannon needed to take Andrew to the doctor so she called me. Super Woman to the rescue! So while Andrew and Shannon were at the doc's office, Olivia and I went to Wal-Mart. This girl cracks me up! She totally reminds me of myself as a child. Later on, Brad and I met up with the Ridges for dinner at Chilis and then we went to the movies. Saturday started early with me "attempting" to bake a Pineapple Upside Down Cake for Brad's family reunion (it was a luau theme). Ok, I have another confession to tell you. I can become very panicky when it comes to cooking for other people. Saturday morning I had a mini panic attack. I had no idea how to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I wasn't even sure how I got roped into it. But there I was at 7:30 with my laptop in the kitchen searching for recipes. It called for a cast-iron skillet. I don't own one of those. A little panic. It called for butter. Um, nope. A little more panic. So off to Food Lion to buy some butter. I bought some butter and brown sugar (I had no idea if I had this or not). I improvised since I didn't have a cast-iron skillet. I was a nervous wreck. I mean what if the whole freaking family got sick from my cake??? I would just die!!! I think it looked pretty good and normally I taste everything I make just to make sure, but I didn't have time (yes, I bring everything I make with a missing corner). Luckily, Brad's grandmother brought a Pineapple Upside Down Cake too. I said that if anyone got sick from eating my cake I would just say it was her's! I'm just awful, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Everything turned out well. It tasted pretty good and no one got sick (that I know of). One more thing: I didn't really have anything to wear to this luau so I threw something together the best I could. I had this little white sweater to go over my tank top. Looked pretty good, but it had a small black mark on the back of it. I grabbed my Tide pen and went to work on it. The stain got HUGE. It turned into a big gray spot. I finally got some bleach and liquid detergent and poured it on it and scrubbed with a toothbrush. I threw it in the dryer and ironed it. Finally after like 45 minutes it looked great. I walk into my in-laws' house and spill sweet tea all over the front of my outfit. Yes. that. just. happened. I couldn't do anything but laugh. I felt God laughing too. I just went to the laundry room and sprayed Shout all over my chest. What's a girl to do?


After the luau family reunion, we went to my parent's house for a birthday/going away party. My mom's and brother's birthday is Monday and Tuesday and my 90-year-old great-grandmother is going back home on Monday. Two family functions in one day! Geez-a-loo!


Sunday was church, then Brad and I went hiking at Signal Point on Signal Mountain. This trail kicked. my. butt. It is straight down. It's not a leisurely trail. It's got a million steps! Poor Brad got stung by something right behind his ear. We were hot and zapped when we got finished and we went straight to the pool. After that it was time to go to the Amor's for a Sunday School party. So here I am now, at home watching TV because I am EXHAUSTED!


Here are a few pictures:


My cake...

Signal Point



Beautiful View





I go to a workshop on Monday and Tuesday and then start back full-time on Friday. My summer is almost over! :(

If you keep up with the Bring the Rain blog, Angie updated it on Friday. This post is awesome! Please go read it whether you keep up with it or not. Just click on it over where it says Good Reads.

Prayer request: My dad is having a knee scope on Tuesday to drain some fluid. Please pray that everything goes okay!

No comments: